Saturday, November 1, 2014

Christmas 2014 #1

I have decided that I will not make many Christmas cards this year - I think I made about 50 last year.  For one thing, II need a little less stress!  I am not sure non-card makers realize the time involved (at least, for me!).  I know that appreciation of our cards is not the primary goal of card making - on the other hand, it is nice to receive some comments!
That being said, I will be making some cards and you will see most of them as challenge entries!  This sentiment is an unmarked unmounted rubber stamp from m collection - if you recognize it, please let me know.  I used DP and solid paper from the Faith sta  I hack (Paper Studio).  It does not show, but I enhanced the W with a gold Spica pen,  Glittery gold ribbon and a shiny star add more bling.  Blessings is a Cheery Lynn die cut.
One more question - I adhered the ribbon strip with double stick tape.  It works here as it is camouflaged with the Die cut.  What do you use to adhere strips of ribbon?  I know - Washi tape is a good replacement.
Sketch:  http://vlvsketches.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-10-10T05:00:00-06:00&max-results=7
Christmas:  http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards.html?showComment=1414839841807#c3699530758315813145
Border (On DP); Cheery Lynn Blessings die:   http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.ca/
"time-season":  http://www.ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Shining%20the%20Light%20Challenge
Inspiration - the gold ribbon:  http://www.theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/
Anything uplifting:  http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Dorothy, such an elegant designed Christmas card and eye catching. As for your ribbon I use double sided tape as well, but when organza ribbon I tend to stick just the ends of the ribbon tucking them behind a layer of paper. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck.
Julie x

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous Dorothy, I really like the design and colour scheme. I also like the way you overlaid the die cut word onto the ribbon, it's subtle but adds some extra dimension.
I use a combination of double-sided tape and glue (glossy accents) to secure ribbon to my cards Dorothy. The tape hold the ribbon in place while the glue dries. With sheer ribbon, I usually tuck both ends behind another piece of cardstock so it's not really an issue. Good luck!
Cheers,
Beccy

Debbie's Time Out said...

Dorothy what a nice Christmas card. The gold and red looks great together. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge. Good Luck to you

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!! I just love the sentiment and your use of neutral colors!! Thanks for sharing your talent and joining the challenge at ODBD, Dorothy!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Dorothy, it's so wonderful to see another of your cards for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! I so agree with your about making cards. Many people (perhaps most) do not realize the time involved (and invested) in making a handmade card. For some, I love to do it because they appreciate it. For others, I tend to make simple (or at times buy a card). So I appreciate your not wanting to stress. Good for you! I love the beautiful image, and it reminds me of Celtic printing. And beautiful use of these neutral colors with the lovely ribbon and "blessings" die! I agree with a couple of the gals that I use double-face tape and sometimes even some Glue n' Seal matt finish adhesive made by Inkssentials that I bought from Michaels. It dries and does not leave any shine...love that! Thanks again for joining us at ODBD and sharing your beautiful card! Hugs, sweet friend!