Friday, May 9, 2014

Cover page - Ethan's album

This is not a card nor does it have stamping, but I wanted to share a technique.  I have a tradition of putting together a simple photo album for each college graduate (grandchild). I try to include interesting snap shots of his/her life - photos from our collection that their parents probably do not have.
For this album I used double sided paper (from a Costco pack).  I used dies (Lifestyle Crafts, Cuttlebug) for the lettering. 
HERE IS MY TIP:  I had read a hint about adhering tiny items, but I changed it a bit.  I adhered blue cs to some sticker paper - leaving the protective layer in place.  For this purpose, to save paper, I cut the blue in small strips, then used glue.  I cut the double layer (cs and sticker paper), then fit it to the letter die and cut.  The protective layer strip came off easily - so much easier than trying to get glue on those narrow strips!
  I am not good at photos - to clarify, here is the "sandwich":  cs, glue, protective sheet, sticky paper.  I have had this package of sticker paper for a long time - nice to have figured out a way to use it..
Anything but a card:   http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2014-04-16T09:00:00%2B01:00&max-results=10
Numbers:   http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Elaine Stark said...

This is a great tip. I know end up in a pickle glueing tiny letters, and I hate when the glue shows on my project. Thanks for sharing with us on Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine